Skip to main content

Fresno County Fire Battalion 15

Battalion Chief, Dan Urias

Email: Daniel.Urias@fire.ca.gov 

 

Fresno County Fire Station 90 in Caruthers with a Fire Engine and Water tender in front of facility

Fresno County Fire Station 90

2701 W. Tahoe Ave.

Caruthers, CA  93609

559-864-3211

 The First Caruthers station opened in 1947 in what now are the Fairgrounds offices. An additional apparatus garage was added later to accommodate the water tender (tanker in those days). This remained in service until the current station was constructed in 1993 just west of the fairground property.  As of 2021 -  Station 90, is located at 2701 West Tahoe Ave, Caruthers CA 93609.  Station 90 houses a Type 1 Smeal Metro Star Fire Engine equipped with EZ-Trac hydraulic all-wheel drive technology and clean cab environment.  Also, cross staffed at Station 90 is a Kenworth Water Tender, capable of holding 3,000 gallons of water. Engine 90’s primary response area includes the community of Caruthers with a population of 2,559 per 2019 Census data.  Engine 90 also covers portions of Highway 41, Raisin City, and second due to Easton, Laton, Riverdale, and provides automatic aid to Kings County Fire Department.

May contain: vehicle and transportation

Fresno County Fire Station 95

25101 Morton St./P.O. Box 645

Tranquility, CA  93668

559-698-5500

The first Tranquility Station opened in about 1947 and was located next to the high school tennis courts. The current station located at Morton & Colorado was opened around 1964-65. It received a remodel in 1980 to add additional facilities for the crew & for additional apparatus.  As of 2021, Tranquility - Station 95 remains located at 25101 West Morton Ave, Tranquility CA 93668.  Station 95 houses a Type 1 Smeal Metro Star fire engine.  Engine 95’s responds within the communities of San Joaquin, Cantua Creek, Three Rocks, Tranquility and a 20-mile section of Interstate 5.  Engine 95 is also second due to Mendota, Firebaugh and Five Points. 

May contain: tarmac, asphalt, road, truck, transportation, and vehicle

Fresno County FireStation 96

101 McCabe

Mendota, CA  93640

559-655-4107

Records indicated that the first Mendota station was established in 1943. It co-located with the City of Mendota Fire Dept. on 6th street across from the grammar school and remained there until the current station was completed in 1987. There is listed in the Redbook a West Mendota station from 1953 to 1960, but we have been unable to find any information except that it was located on the Hammond Ranch.  As of 2021, Mendota Station 96 is located at 101 McCabe Ave, Mendota CA 93640.  Apparatus staffed at Station 96 includes a Type 1 Smeal Metro star fire engine and cross staffed is a Kenworth Water Tender capable of holding 3,000 gallons of water.  Engine 96’s primary response area is within the City of Mendota which has a population of 11,531 per 2019 census data.  Engine 96 also responds within a 20-mile section of Interstate 5 and second due response within Tranquility, San Joaquin, and Cantua Creek.  Engine 96 also provides automatic aid to the City of Firebaugh Volunteer Fire Department

Join our mailing list